Parts Counter Sales Person
Performs a variety of customer service, in-store, marketing, promoting, advertising, and stocking duties related to the receiving, sale, and delivery of parts and accessories that contribute to the efficient, safe, and profitable operation of the dealership. Ongoing responsibility for implementing a marketing promotion plan, promotional calendar, developing parts and service promotions, and developing advertising support campaignsResponsibilities:
- Sells products and/or services to repair the problem and meet customer needs.
- Maintain customer goodwill by greeting and acknowledge all customers he/she comes in contact with.
- Assist in keeping parts department clean and orderly.
- Record all sales and/or counter transactions that occur.
- Supply service technicians with parts as required.
- Assist in merchandising displays with Parts Manager.
- Maintains the retail sales floor and displays to meet or exceed dealership standards and today's customer expectations.
- Controls showroom inventory to ensure maximum sales and customer satisfaction
- Performs routine housekeeping tasks to maintain and enhance the cleanliness of products and the retail sales area.
- When working the parts counter, follows prescribed cash, credit, and check processing procedures of the dealership. Processes cores, warranties, and new return merchandise as required at a point of sale.
- Attends training and schools as prescribed by management to maintain proficiency in his/her job responsibilities
- Uses dealership equipment and resources safely and proficiently, such as PMM, JDVision ® system, hydraulic hose-making machine, in-store repair, battery Safe-T-Fill machine, testing equipment, and vehicles
- Performs other tasks as directed by his/her supervisor
- Keeps himself/herself groomed and clothed per the dealership guidelines.
- Verify receiving shipments
- Assist in putting up MD and Stock orders in a timely manner.
- Follow up on shortages and expedite through reporting to Parts Manager.
- Should be knowledgeable of parts merchandising and associated selling.
Many of the responsibilities of a Parts Sales Person overlap the Parts Manager and the Parts Sales Person needs to work in harmony with their supervisor and be able to accept direction.